Re: Halogen tail lights

To: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Halogen tail lights
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:18:44 -0400
Ron,
Check out the Little British Car Company's website at www.lbcarco.com.
They list 35 & 50 w lamps, but only for turn signal lights.  The brake
light / tail light bulbs are 35w/6w. This means that only 6 watts will
be used for any length of time when you have the lights on.  The brake
and turn signal bulbs will only be on for a short time.  Jeff Zorn, the
owner, has an MGA, which has plastic tail light lenses, so it make sense
that there would be no problem with glass lenses on a Healey.
I have these bulbs on my MG TD, which I drive quite a bit.  There has
been no problem, with no other modifications made.  They are on my
Healey also, but that hasn't had the miles on it that the TD has since
installing them.
Charlie