A deal that may be too good to be true

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: A deal that may be too good to be true
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:57:26 -0400
A week or 10 days ago there was an Austin-Healy BJ8 (I think)  at auction. I
think it was black with a red interior. From the description and photos, the
car was in very good condition. Now here is the good part. The lady wanted
to sell the car to the person of her choice for a fixed price of $18,500.00.
I sent her an e-mail to say I was interested. The next day the auction had
been pulled. I thought I had missed out.

Today I got an e-mail from her today asking if I was ready to discuss the
purchase. Even better, the $18500.00 included shipping anywhere in the US.
She is willing (she says this is an eBay function but I can't find it) to
have eBay hold a 25% deposit until the car is delivered, then I can accept
the car or send it back.

Usually, if something sounds too good to be true, it is.

Any comments?

Ned Smith

Creek Hill Vineyard

near Chattanooga, TN