Re: AH in Pieces

To: "Carlos Cruz" <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: AH in Pieces
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:04:02 -0400
Carlos sez "Ask your wife what she finds comfortable in a car such as a
radio, AC, heat, comfortable seats and possibly drivability (in that do you
expect her to ever drive the car).  The more comfortable you make her ride
the more likely she will be to "want to go".

None of which you will find in a Healey---but---that's what makes it fun.
If you want comfort, get a big uninteresting sedan.  They either like to
ride in the Healey or they don't.  I've seen some pretty unhappy Healey
guys driving around with the top up---to keep the wind out of the wife's
hair.  I feel so sorry for them:):)

<mlempert@bellsouth.net>; <smithn00@kitepilot.net>; Healey List
<healeys@autox.team.net>
> Date: 9/21/05 10:34:05 AM
> Subject: Re: AH in Pieces
>
> Sound advice Rich.  And if I might add my two cents.  Ask your wife what
she finds comfortable in a car such as a radio, AC, heat, comfortable seats
and possibly drivability (in that do you expect her to ever drive the car).
The more comfortable you make her ride the more likely she will be to "want
to go".

> The friendship thing is a big plus.  It helps if they have friends there.

> When it comes to having work done on the car...  make sure you have
someone you trust and is reputable.  It helps tremendously if the same
person is good at estimating the cost of the work being done so that when
you convey the projected cost to your better half, there are no "surprises"
at the end.  Manage her expectations in several areas $$s as well as your
time away from home (her) etc.

> Hope that helps,
>
> Carlos Cruz
> '60 BN7 "Mistress"
> Still married...Still driving a Healey (barely)...Still trying to
managing expectations...

> Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net> wrote:
> Subject: Re: AH in Pieces
>

> > >And my wife is dead against this project.
> >>I am taking her to the Southeast Classic in Young Harris, GA hoping she
> >>will
> >>love the cars.
>

> Best thing to do is to get to know some other couples at the meet.
Usually
> the women will hit it off pretty well, having lots in common, being
"Healey
> widows". We've made a lot of great friendships over the years at various
> meets, to the point where the wives will ask "Is so-and-so is going to be
> there? If so, then I'll be glad to go, we girls had so much fun together
> last time"!
>
> If you stay on your own as a couple, you won't have much time for the
Healey