Re: RUSTY SEAT - ACID

To: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Subject: Re: RUSTY SEAT - ACID
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:29:33 +0800
Scott -

Use a baking soda or soap in the water overnight. This will neutralize the
acid crystals left on your seat pans. Of coarse soap, or anything basic,
accelerates mettalic corrosion, so don't forget about it!

Your other option is to paint the pan first with a combination rust remover
/ primer paint. There are several companies that make this stuff and I
usually use this as it provides the best long term protection. It usually
leaves a coat of black primer on the metal surface, that you can paint over.
I think you can find the stuff in Walmart, or a decent parts supply place.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8