RUSTY SEAT - ACID

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RUSTY SEAT - ACID
From: "scott@scottjgraham.com" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:36:21 -0700 (PDT)
I removed the rust from the rear seat pan for my BJ7 with an acid type rust
remover and now want to paint with POR.

However, I notice that the acid seems to still be in the metal.  There is a
warning on the bottle saying that if there are any "white crystals" on the
surface, that there is still acid in the surface and it cannot be painted until
it is all removed. After wiping the surface several times with a wet rag as
advised, the white coloring continues to appear on the surface. So I am soaking
the pan in water overnight to see if this will neutralize the acid.

Is this the best solution? Any other suggestions?

Scott Graham
Green 63 BJ7