Re: BJ8 Wheel Alignment

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Wheel Alignment
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 06:09:36 -0800
Ned,

What you are referring to is called "negative camber."   There is no
easy way to adjust camber on a
Healey.  The two options are a special offset bushing for the top
kingpin trunnion (not too difficult,
good for a degree or two of change), or installing special shock
mounting plates (major job).  Even
a good alignment shop can't do much about camber on a Healey (maybe bend
the A- or shock
arms, but I'm not comfortable with this approach).

First, try to find out why this is so, but good luck.   It  could be
bent  A-arms or shock arms, a bent
spindle or something amiss in the chassis itself.

Our 100M has the same problem and after a total front suspension rebuild
only got a little better.
We're waiting till we start a total restoration to try to find the cause.

bs