Re: BJ8 Wheel Alignment

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Wheel Alignment
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:39:55 +0100
Guys, I've been following this lead from a distance and start to feel a
bit strange. As you may remember I had a complete new frame built under
my car and I can adjust my front shocks sideways. On top of the shock
mounting tower I have a kind of  flat 'cap' with 4 slotted holes which
is welded onto the tower, and between the cap and the actual tower top
surface there is a thick plate with 4 tapped holes. That plate is a wee
bit smaller than the inside of the cap and therefore can slide a bit,
allowing sideways adjustment of the shock absorber. I believed this to
be a standard solution, but from the comments I read I get the
impression I'm sitting on something special. Am I correct?
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432