Re: Welding

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Welding
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:58:51 -0600
Ned, you must have gotten an instruction book with the welder? Doesn't
it give you any idea on what the settings should be for different metal
thicknesses? From what you describe you are probably using too high a
wire feed speed. Use the lowest setting for both amps and wire speed and
try welding. If that doesn't work well, slowly increase wire speed. and
try again. Keep it up until you get a good weld. Write the settings down
for future reference.

Alan Schultz
BJ8