Re: Jack Stands

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Jack Stands
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:55:34 -0600
Ned,

Set the blocks with the cores vertical. Blocks strongest in that
direction. I would also stack blocks under the car at both ends just in
case one of the jack stands fails. Better safe than dead.

I had been wanting to install a hydraulic lift for the past several
decades but always felt that it wasn't worth it. Being young and nimble
I had no problem squirming around under a car. Now at age 64 I installed
a two post lift. It is well worth the money to just push the button and
raise the car to whatever level I need for access. The lift cost me
$1785 complete and is rated at 10,000 lbs which is enough to handle my
88 Ford F-250 4 wheel drive truck.

Alan Schultz
67BJ8