Re: Jack Stands

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jack Stands
From: Maurice Maxwell <maxandreb1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:27:22 -0800 (PST)
Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net> wrote:    My BJ8 is up on jack stands now.
The bottom of the frame members are 17" off
the floor. This means me and my crawler can get under the mufflers with
about an inch to spare. I would like to go 10" higher.

Is it OK to put cement blocks under the jack stands? I would put a 1"
hardwood board between the block and the stand to spread point loads.

What do you think?

Ned,

  Don't do it with blocks!  They may crumble or tumble!  If you must lift the
car further look into house jacks.  Lift the car high enough to get them under
the axles.

  Good luck,
  Max
  BT7-12012

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.