Trafficator problem

To: "Healey Mail Group" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trafficator problem
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:48:06 -0800
Greetings all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Wisdom and help
please.  My RF trafficator is not flashing, but RR does.  Bulb has
continuity, plus a new bulb also doesn't flash.  New flasher unit.  Unit
clicks, but at a slightly faster rate on the R side than the left.  The
trafficator switch is a bit finicky on the right; it may take a little
wiggling to work, but it does work.  If I understand the wiring diagram
correctly, the split front/rear happens somewhere in the harness, but not at
the switch.  The socket appears to have replaced when it was restored in
'89, is shiny and there doesn't seem to be any corrosion, but I could try to
dig deeper there.  Likely causes?  Should I try replacing the socket?

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA