RE: Trafficator problem

To: "Healey Mail Group" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trafficator problem
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:35:40 -0800
Hi, Bruce -

I just went through this same problem last week on my BJ8, except that my
right front was flashing, but the right rear was not.  The dash lights would
flash only once (together) when I switched to the right (left side worked
normally).  The problem for me was at the dual connector for the green/white
wires at the firewall.

The front/rear split is actually done at the connectors behind the grille.
The connector at the firewall splits between the dash light and the rear
turn signal light.  Since your front light is not flashing and the rear one
is, your problem is probably at the connector behind the grille.  There
should be a green/yellow wire coming from the steering column harness that
plugs into a dual connector with two green/white wires coming out of it.
Make sure your connection here is clean and tight.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA