Fw: How Many?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: How Many?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:22:31 -0500
I'm wondering if any of the US registries ever talk to each other, compare
notes, crunch numbers, draw any conclusions, or identify trends of any kind.
--It would be interesting to know things like approximate numbers of surviving
models, attrition rates, movement of cars into / out of the states, # of
resurrections per year, etc.   --But I am assuming that maybe the information
is not complete enough for many of these conclusions.
Too bad that companies like Moss, BCS, etc, cannot provide info on the numbers
of owners for which parts for a given model are ordered. (One would assume
that any cars registered and driven, eventually need parts - and would
comprise a list of owners who are and are not club members) --Just a dream. I
know that their focus is in running a business. --But it does occur to me that
Moss must have projections which help them to predict future demand for
components for specific models. I doubt that they are "flying blind" when it
comes to making / stocking specific parts.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA