Re: Mystery Healey Photo

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Mystery Healey Photo
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:03:20 +0000
Patton Dickson wrote:

> I'm going to up the guess... Healey Special, X224. Raced once in 1957
> by Peter Collins at Nassau.
>
> The car was based on Ferrari 500 F2 Monoposto         Re-numbered as 0540 and
> sold to de Portago, raced. 1955: GP Monaco: Trintig-nant; 1st. engine,
> gearbox and rear axle   All parts bought by Ian Sievewright and car
> restored to original configuration.

Patton and others on the list....

First Happy New Year to you all!

Second ;-) - Patton  - I thought that after DHMC had used it the rear axle went
**back** into a Ferrari and that one was the one that De Portago was killed in
on the 57 Mille Miglia, the famous incident in which seven children (I think
and
five adults) were killed and which brought the race to an end. Did Sievewright
actually get the axle out, too?

Peter Dzwig