RE: gauges fogging up

To: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gauges fogging up
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:21:28 +1100
G'day Bill

One of my favourite American writers is a bloke by the name of Bill
Bryson. I think it's because he writes in a very English sort of way -
subtle.

Bill Bryson describes Australia as like America but with cricket. I like
cricket and I even understand it. As I write this Australia is playing
South Africa in a 5 day test match. Looks as if it's going to be a draw.
Yes it is possible to play a sporting game for 5 days and not have a
winner.

I dread to think of the number of people who took my words on "gauges
fogging up" as serious. There is humour in most things and it does the
soul a heap of good to see life like that.

Please if you ever visit the Great South Land get in contact and it will
be our pleasure to make you feel welcome - as long as you don't mind
your leg being pulled every now and again.

Whatever you do I would suggest that if you are travelling by land in
Australia you start as north as you can and travel south. That's always
cheaper than travelling north as moving south is going down hill and
therefore the fuel costs are lower.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia