RE: Healey won't start

To: "Walton Curl" <WCURL@mail.mcg.edu>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Healey won't start
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:56:44 -0500
I just went through this with a BT7.  Found the HT lead from the coil had
lost its contact with the coil contact screw.  Also found points corroded.
Replaced the above and got spark at the points but wouldn't start.  Had to
inject some starting fluid and that did the trick.  This car had been
sitting for almost 2 years.  We added some fresh gas and that hjelped
smooth it out.

You might also check to make sure the LT lead from the coil hasn't grounded
itself to the distributor base.

Tom