RE: Hydraulic Woes

To: smithn00@kitepilot.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hydraulic Woes
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:01:48 +0000
Is it just the rubber seal that comes off or is it the seal, pin, spring,
thimble assembly?

If it is only the rubber seal then you need to be sure you are installing it
on the pin correctly. it should stretch over the "nail head" portion of the
pin and then the recessed part of the seal should encompass the "nail head"
and the seal face should project enough to contact the end of the cylinder.
It won't come off in that position. If you are trying to place the recess on
the outer end of the "nail head" it will not stay.

If it is the entire assembly that is coming loose you need to be sure that
the lock tab on the thimble is bent inward to engage in the plunger.

I hope these descriptions are clear although the terms I've used may not be
the proper Girling names for the parts.

Good luck.

Bill Lawrence