Re: Value Insanity

To: davidwjones@cox.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value Insanity
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:42:44 EST
It only matters if it is something that matters to you.  Which is to say it
is just a personal idiosyncrasy.  Certainly nothing to get worked up over or
pay an outrageous amount of money for one way or the other.  Some of us are
just
a little....tilted this way.  Personally I have done both.  I have a 62
Triumph TR 3B that was originally Signal Red.  When I purchased it as a resto
project the other person was in the process of painting it British Racing
Green.
(Which I am also very fond of)  However this particular car still has the
original window sticker, etc., and it just seemed wrong to change it so I have
restored it by stripping the BRG off, which thankfully was only partially done
and
that poorly and going with the original color.  I have another 62 TR 3B that
essentially has no heritage so I painted it what I wanted.  Had to go through 4
different layers and colors to get back to metal but there it is.  Hope that
makes sense but if not....Oh well....What can be said for a fellow that owns
several Triumphs, Austin-Healeys and MG's?  He's nuts of course!!!

Cheers to all & Motor On!!

Gary