Re: Insane Values

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insane Values
From: FloridaDiving@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:15:22 EST
I gotta admit, I was Inspired by the recent upturn in BJ8 values, and feeling
pretty good about my timing (purchased it at the beginning of this month).
Since getting it titled, I've been trying to get my newly acquired BJ8 insured
this week with AON collector car insurance (where I've got my 2 Jags at agreed
values of $75K for the '66 and $30K for the '71) and asked for a similar
value for the BJ8 as my '66 Jag.  I was surprised thta they only wanted to go
$45K, telling me that they feel the BJ auction is 30%-50% higher than real
world
prices.  I've been with their company because they are more lenient than the
others on where/how many miles you drive the car, and the lower age limit for
drivers.

I really felt that the $45K was too low for the car I've got due to it's very
high level of restoration by one of the best Healey fellas in the land, so I
called another company and did much better with their valuation.

Oh yeah, I still drive it a lot though, just like my Jags.  Gonna take it out
to work/lunch on Friday and to a show Sunday 1-1/2 hours away.  Just because
it's valuable $$-wise doesn't mean it should only come out on rare occasions
and not be enjoyed by the owner (me) and admired on the road (everyone else).
;-)  Since I've had it, I've been practically attacked by admiring men.  ha ha
   They just want my keys.

Ginger
1966 BJ8
1966 Jaguar OTS