Re: New Healey

To: AHMCMLIX@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Healey
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:01:02 +1100
Quoting AHMCMLIX@aol.com:

> After reading all of the e-mails the past couple of days, I throw my 2 cents
>
> in.
>
> Is it really a Healey when no one named Healey had anything to do with it,
> and the name was purchased?
>
> Bob

There was only one and may never be another Marilyn Monroe.
BUT everone knows who she is and what she stood for and blondes have been
popular ever since.
I am always happy to inspect each and every look-a-like in the hope that I will
find another.It is most likely that several of you out there have already found
a superior model with updated and added features which will always keep the
original image alive.

Please remember that Donald spent his whole life improving his last model with
updates ( when allowed by the BMC bean counters ) Also consider that Donald had
retired from Austin Healey design and manufacture with the release of the 3000!!
He had more interesting cars to develop;
SR/XR.37 rear engined GT  aimed at GT.40 market
Streamlined Sprites  with av. fuel consumption of 20mpg at 100mph
Jensen Healey twin cam 4cyl, 5 spd. with few curved body panels.

Something tells me too many of us are stuck in the BMC car not the Healey cars.

Joe
red one
blue one
1st car BN4
All my Healeys have/are modified/improved
41 years of ownership
Still love 'em