New Healey

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: New Healey
From: M Fawcett <m.fawcett@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:02:29 -0600 (CST)
As much I as love my 1959 BT7, I cant wait until the new Healey 3000 comes
out.  I will be waiting on line to see and maybe even buy one.  I think that
the new interpretations of models like the Mini and concept Dodge Challenger
and perhaps the new concept Camaro, which are inspired by the past, hopefully
will be better vehicles than their predecessors, as most cars are today.
Most of us are baby boomers and we all have memories of the cars that we grew
up with, but lets not get too carried away with the heritage thing. I hope
that the new Healey doesnt start out with nearly 30-year-old technology, as
the 100 did, and the Ausitn Healey never really changed that much from 1953 to
1967 which is one reason it didnt make it out of the 60s.  I would hope and
expect the new Healey to be as current as possible. As far as the Healeys
selling the rights to the name, thats a business decision that doesnt have a
thing to do with cars. The fact the rendering of the new Healey 3000 is more
that just reminiscent of the old 3000 is a plus for all of us and should be a
signal that the new designers are on the right track and respectful of the past.

Mark Fawcett