Re: 100-4 scuttle shake

To: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Subject: Re: 100-4 scuttle shake
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:04:40 +0800
Allen -

As a general rule the 100 should be much less susceptible to scuttle shake
than the six cylinder cars.  I would definitely take a close look at the
outriggers & floorpans and the quality of sheet metal in this area.  The
outriggers need to be solid and fresh, if so then that will go a long way to
getting rid of any "shake."

Also, I have always said, I believe the primary cause of harmonic shake on
any Healey is worn front shocks.  If you have worn shocks, it will allow the
front wheels to bounce, creating shake at freeway speeds.  Replace your
shocks if you haven't!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8