RE: Another no spark condition

To: "Jorge Garcia" <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Another no spark condition
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:06:36 -0600
 Hi Jorge, I agree with Alan that the only problem I've ever had with
the Pertronix is the magnet unit failing.  How long has the car been
asleep??  Did you put any Stabil or similar product in the fuel tank at
nappy time??  I suggest you sniff a sample of the gasoline.  If it
smells like anything other than fresh fuel, that could be your problem.
If so, drain the tank and add fresh fuel, remove the carb float tops and
dry up old fuel with Gumout or something similar.  Then, pump a little
new fuel to clear the line.  Old, stinky fuel has been very troublesome
to lots of folks.  Guess that still doesn't explain no spark but maybe
there's a connection.....just my 2 centavos worth...Good Luck,
Jack