Re: Maximum Tire Size for Big Healeys

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maximum Tire Size for Big Healeys
From: "Kevin" <krogers@new.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:39:08 -0600
I am jumping into this thread a little late but it is interesting to me.

When I bought my BN7 it had 185 70 15 on 7" wheels front and 215 60 15 on 8"
wheels in back.  there were rub marks on the inner fender in the front and
rear. the term "hot wheel" was used in a earlier post ant his car defined
it.
I will move forward with a staggered set up on the car 6" front with 185 70
and 7" rear with 205 65 15. I liked the hot wheel look but not to the
extreme it was.

 I had not considered the "heavy" steering in tight places but will have to
live with what I get.
 I look at every healey I see, one common tire size is 195 70 15. Good year
is the brand I see allot of in that size.

race healey use 205 60 15 as a common size. I went to the A-H challenge at
road America and the winning car used this size

WOW I think I just typed for a few minutes and didn't say anything
my 2 cents
Kevin R