Re: Maximum Tire Size for Big Healeys

To: "Dave Murphy" <roadwarriordave@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maximum Tire Size for Big Healeys
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 23:30:16 -0500
Dave,

I have had Mich 185 Redlines on my BJ8 for 20+ years.  (Yes, I know they need
to be replaced and I have been looking.  I follow tire threads very closely and
with much interest.)

I really like the looks of my 185s on the car.  They fill up the wheel wells
nicely in my view.  They are on Jag E type wheels, 15 x 5.5 and extend outside
the fenders essentially none.  Cornering is/used to be very strong but you
could get them to break loose too - a good thing.  If only I could find them
for less than $800/set . . .

Keith Pennell
cheap Presbyterian