RE: Door Handle

To: "Bill Gildea" <bill@execrecruiter.com>,
Subject: RE: Door Handle
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:52:23 -0500
Bill,
The pin is tapered.  Are you sure you are removing it from the right end?
You should be abe to press the trim ring back and rock the handle on the
shaft.  If it won't rock a little the pin may be stuck.  Once you think the
handle is free you can put a small punch on one end and release that side of
the trim ring.  The punch will hold it away from the pin head.  That way you
only have to use one hand to hold te trim away from the other side of the
handle to make room for the pin to come out of the handle.  A tap with a
hammer should remove the pin easily.
Pete