The Engine Died

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Engine Died
From: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:08:58 -0500
I just put in a new condenser and the engine is running smoothly again.
Thanks to all who responded.

But the problem that started this mess is still with me.

I have installed a new alternator. Originally I got a high pitched whine
from that end of the engine compartment after the motor had been running for
about 30 sec. I put a straight edge across the alt. pulley and saw the drive
pulley and the alt. pulley were misaligned by a small amount. I have
corrected that by judiciously placing washers here and there. Now there is
no sound at speeds up to about 2500 RPM. Above that, the whine comes back.
And the alt. pulley is hot. It may have always been hot and I never noticed.

I would appreciate you insights.

Ned Smith

BJ8

near Chattanooga, TN