RE: Oil All Over the Floor

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil All Over the Floor
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:12:05 -0800
Ned:  Had that happen when I rebuilt my engine years ago.  Turned out that
the canister was not seated properly althought it appeared to be.  I found
that the best method was to put the canister on but do not tighten the
bolt.  Turn the cansister back and fourth until you are sure it is seated
squarely then tighten the bolt without letting the canister turn any more.
Never happened again.  (I recently changed to a spin on).

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031