overdrive cunundrum

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: overdrive cunundrum
From: Jonathan and Carole Quandt <fourqz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:32:24 -0800
I just installed a new wiring harness from British Wiring and once the
overdrive is engaged it remains engaged until the circuit  is
de-energized. the overdrive relay checks out on the bench and the
overdrive switch checks out but turning it off does not effect the
energized circuit  , the gearbox switch is functioning properly,and the
overdrive disengages in 1st and 2nd. Anyone out there been here before?
Perhaps The greatest minds of our generation have the answer.I am not
worthy, Jonathan 56 bn2