Re: eBay Scam

To: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: eBay Scam
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:50:32 -0400
Hover your mouse. Most scams can make the page look official,  make the
email address appear legit, but can't fool your mouse. Hover the mouse
over the link or button in question and the line at the bottom of your
email or browser window reveals the address the click will send you to.
Check the respond button on an official email from a buyer/seller and
remember what it says. It needs to say something like
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/.......a whole long line here including the
auction item number. My son pointed this out to us on a scam we got once
and it revealed some numerical site and mentioned nothing in the line
about ebay, even though the email looked for all the world to be official.

Dave