Re:eBay Scam

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:eBay Scam
From: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:23:03 GMT
There is apparently a new scam on eBay. You receive what appears to be a
question from a bidder concerning an auction. When you click the auction number
to check it out, you are required to sign in, which is a normal procedure. When
you enter your password you get a message that your ID or password is invalid.
When you type it in the second time all appears to work, but the auction is not
one of yours. What is happening, apparently, is that your password key strokes
are being counted and an attempt is made to determine what it is. In my case,
eBay contacted me to change my password. I have received further attempts to
try this again. If you check your messages, under My eBay, you will find they
are not listed there and have been send to you from an unauthorized source.

Doug