RE: fanshroud

To: "'Kurt Leslie'" <kansl@net1plus.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fanshroud
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:13:01 -0700
Kurt,

Photos available at

www.wavewired.net/~tracy

choose car photos

then choose Healey

Then choose airshroud

Having the moving air deflected to the radiator instead of escaping around
the sides must help cooling.  I recommend that it be on the car, although I
often see cars without them.  My car has NEVER overheated.  Stock fan
1960BT7.  I can't say it is the air shroud but hey if it was on the car
there was a benefit.  The Rally cars all had some sort of a shroud as well
as most performance cars.

Difficult to see but here is the same setup (in aluminum) on Dr Johnson's
100S

http://www.wavewired.net/~tracy/Nuts_About_Cars/Monterey-Prehistorics-2005_0
8_13/2005-pre-historics-0065.JPG

Tracy (now prepping for the Alpine 500)

PS. Yes Rich C I hand brush painted the "X" brace black.  Thanks for the
tip.