Mag Drills

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Mag Drills
From: WWSCPO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:14:14 EDT
Hello,

I just wanted to update those of you who responded to my RFI regarding the
stripped head stud in the block situation.  My "group of experts" decided  to
go in naked and stepped drilled the hole to 29/64ths for the heli-coil  tap.
We had to grind the tap head of the heli-coil tap to gain the bottom  threads
to insure proper seating of the heli-coil.  Everything after that  went
together, the stud was plumb to all the other studs viewed and measured and
the head
is torqued into place.  I have to say, on observation, the  drilling process
was minimal in terms of difficulty.  The existing hole fed  the drill.  Slow
feed to be sure.

Bill Schumann, BJ8 38046