Re: Electronic Fuel Pump

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Fuel Pump
From: "JustBrits@comcast" <Justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 21:21:04 -0500
John:

<<I have been using a battery charger to power up all the systems on Healeys
for many years, but obviously know nothing about solid state electronics. >>

That, notwithstanding, could still give you improper "system(s)" operations
for the reasons Mark said (he and I being OLD (shut-up, Mark<G>) two-way
radio guys<G>!).

<<Never too old to learn :-)>>

Good and <G>!

Now I will also add that there IS an outside chance that you got product(s)
that  where "supposed" to be re-called!!  The org. solid-state units were
defective "off-the-shelf".

I would have thought that by now, all would have been "fixed", but........

If I where you I would be doing a variable pressure test on said pump and
over a period of some time (hour+).

Pick-up hose > pump connection > discharge hose > pressure regulator >
discharge hose > pressure guage > discharge hose > original "source" can >
Pick-up hose > etc.

Run test for say 1/2 hour at pressure # 1 and another at Pressure #2 and
another at Pressure #3.

Ed

PS:  Or just go back to K.I.S.S. Pump<VBG>!