INSURANCE

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: INSURANCE
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:43:09 -0400
I was declined by American Collectors' underwriting because my wife and I only
have one other primary use car. Two drivers in their mind requires two
non-vintage, fully insured cars. After getting the telephone service person's
soap job, I realized there was no way to overcome this and convince them that
I am an honest individual who is not trying to sneak one of my two vintage
cars under the wire as a regular driver. Jean and I share a ride to work, and
would rather have just one ordinary use car for the time being until new car
model's come out.

We recovered from this by putting our '59 Daimler (a/k/a The Beast) on our
regular USAA policy, and were suprised to learn they would cover it as a
second daily use car, even on vintage plates, with full coverage for $418.
That was only $200 over the quote American Collectors gave me for the limited
vintage coverage. A thought to file away if any of you get in a similar
conflict.

Allen Miller
56 100-M (Beauty) and
59 Daimler SP250 (the Beast)