Lift device to store factory hardtop

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Lift device to store factory hardtop
From: Don Manning <bn7@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:04:39 -0700
I am looking for a practical way of storing my hardtop in a garage that is
already crowded.   I am wondering about devising a pulley system from the
ceiling of my garage that I could use to lift the hardtop up and suspend it
from the ceiling of the garage, out of the way of the overhead door.  My
idea is to raise it up out of the way when not in use, but I am unsure as to
how to keep it stable while it hangs in the air.

Has anyone tried this and if so, could you share your ideas of the best way
to put this together and make it work properly?  Right now it is tilted up
against a wall and has to be moved frequently to get at other things.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Don Manning

963 Stayte Road

White Rock, BC