Re: Lift device to store factory hardtop

To: bn7@shaw.ca, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lift device to store factory hardtop
From: RobertH148@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:55:58 EDT
I was able to use 4 single pulleys, each mounted on the ceiling of the garage
above a corner of the hardtop where I could attach a loop of rope to a
securing point. Each line then was fed through the single pulleys to a 4 part
pulley
at the wall of the garage. All 4 lines are then secured to a cleat on the
wall. I covered the hardtop with an old bed sheet to protect it and then put a
plastic sheet over that and taped it closed. The top is kept clean and can
easily be lowered to the floor. Just make sure the lines are long enough and
the
top is raised evenly. I can raise the top by myself, but it is easier with two
people. The pulleys and nylon line should be available at a hardware store or
home center.
I did this with a JH hardtop, but a similar system should work for an AH top.

Bob Humphreys