RE: Oil etc.

To: "G. Brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>, "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>,
Subject: RE: Oil etc.
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:44:15 -0400
$1.30/gal??????????? Does anyone really think this will ever happen no
matter what we do to Exxon?  I have this sinking feeling that oil supply
is/has peaked and with the adding on of more developing countries plus the
US steadly growing (in real numbers) things will only get
worse-----so-----anyone ready for a brand new OEW Smart car??:)

But
> we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a
price
> war.
>
> Here's the idea:
> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest
> companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling
any
> gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
> prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.  But to have an
impact,
> we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.  It's
> really simple to do! Send this note to to 10 people. That's all. How long
> would that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people
within
> one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted
> within the next 8 days!!!
>
> I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
>
> Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
please
> pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL
THEY

-