Re: Oil etc.

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil etc.
From: Jackson Krall <jackson_krall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
$3.89.9 today at Exxon Whatever, 2nd ave and 1st St
NYC

NY'ers driving back into the city from NJ ($6.00
toll)usually gas up in NJ due to .30 less per gal in
state tax.
All the delivery trucks, cabs, police cars, buses,
garbage trucks, many personal vehicles, etc. in this
city and others, should be electric. These vehicles
don't travel very far in the course of a day and the
improvement in quality of life would be dramatic...
that is, providing exposure to electro-magnetic field
doesn't kill us.
Anyway, motive power for our personal daily drivers is
a changin.
Nuclear? I don't think so.
No safe way of disposing of the waste!
No safe way of disposing of the waste!
NO SAFE WAY!
What a horrible legacy to leave.
And that's just the beginning of the problems what
with terists and commies and whatnot.
C'mon now, you can't tell me we can't get a truely
viable solar derived electrical grid going in this
country and elsewhere. If we can do nuclear we can do
solar better. If we can stick a zillion tunes on an
ipod we can have safe solar. If we can come up with
television we can come up with cheap solar. geeze
And while we're talking about the SW, why are'nt those
long haul freight trains solar electric powered with
collectors on the roofs of the freight cars?
Ethenol sounds like it's going to be big in the future
of those of us who love vintage cars and machinery.
Corn is much less energy efficient than sugar cane.
Brazil is energy dependant on sugar cane derived
ethenol and their domestic oil. Anyone care to samba?
And one more thing.
Do I have to be the first to build an Austin taxi hipo
greezle powered engine for an AH 100?!
Suited up in nomex, let the flames begin.:]
JK