Oil etc.

To: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil etc.
From: "G. Brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:10:06 -0400
First, we must develop renewable, alternative fuels.  For static, un-moving
applications that should be easy--nuclear.  For our passion (autos), "sumpin"
else is needed.  In the meantime ...

Maybe this will work.

 This was originally sent out by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from
one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your
consideration.
Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon
this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We
need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this
good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign
that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at
that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to
buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work.  How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But
we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price
war.

Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any
gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.  But to have an impact,
we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.  It's
really simple to do! Send this note to to 10 people. That's all. How long
would that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within
one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted
within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please
pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY
LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK

---