Re: BN1 Gear Box Removal

To: "Manuel Formosinho Sanchez" <ManuelFS@emparque.pt>,
Subject: Re: BN1 Gear Box Removal
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 15:28:07 +0100
Hello Manuel,
The removal and re-fitting of your BN1 gearbox is pretty straight forward,
and another lister has already furnished you with the sequence to
follow..................however,   and forgive me for drawing this factor to
your attention especially as I assume that I am correct  you have never been
through this process previously.
Before you start get a good digital camera and take some  photographs of the
attachment points of your  operating rods to your clutch, and the
arrangement and order that they are fitted to the operating levers, for if
you foul this one up you will be pulling your hair out, for there is another
way that these can be fitted.You will only obtain half a clutch and so
difficult gear change and grating of gears, [ this is not really a good idea
especially with a BN1 box as very little is available for these gearboxes
these days]. Doing this can save you many hours afterwards.
You should receive the part by about Tuesday.
Good luck

Regards.
David.