Red / Black 6 Cyl cars

To: "Rick Swain" <grain@auracom.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Red / Black 6 Cyl cars
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:35:59 -0400
Rick writes:     I now know, as I suspected, that black was not an interior
colour on  red 6 cylinder roadsters.

---Not entirely true, regarding that there were no red six cylinder cars with
black interior.
I raised this question to Bill Bolton of the tricarb registry several years
ago. He sent me the following BMIHT Certificate.

Car / Chassis number        H-BT7/14222
Engine Number                 29E-RU-H/472
Body Number                    14340
Specification                    RHD, Home Market
Color, Exterior                  Colorado Red
trim                                 Black
hood (top)                        Black
Date(s) Built                     15 May - 15 June 1961
Date Dispatched                19 June 1961
Destination (dealer)            Publicity Department, Austin Motor Company
Limited, Longbridge. Birmingham

Other:                              Black Hard Top
The Registration Mark 699 DON was issued in Birmingham in 1961. This car was
sold second hand to Car Mart Limited, London, in January 1963.

After speaking with Bill Bolton, and securing a copy of this BMIHT
certificate, --I have used this production information as justification for my
restoration of my 62 tricarb in Colorado Red with a black interior.

Anyone who would like to see the Certificate, ....I can fax you a copy.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA