Re: BN1 oil pump

To: "S. P. Carr" <scvc70@epix.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BN1 oil pump
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:18:35 -0400
  Sarah    :  The gears in the BN1 pump are the same as the gears in the
gear pump in the 3000 Healey which specifies radial clearance between the
gears and pump body should not exceed .00125" to .0025",  and end float
between .0005" and .002".  (section AAA.1).  That's what I use.

  in my limited experience, I have noticed that the hardened steel gears
themselves don't seem to wear much, but the die-cast housing around the
gears does.

  If you're goin' racin', I'd spring for a new pump.

  Jim Smith
  BN1 in CT