Re: Pertronix igniter

To: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Pertronix igniter
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:08:00 -0500
No ballast resister needed, I got a regular 12 volt and not a gel battery,
it turned my starter better than the 2 6 volts did.  I think you get voltage
drop or something with the extra connections for 2 6 volts, my MBG that had
them never cranked worth a darn either, if not on a budget the gel is the
way to go, if on a budget the 12 volt will be better and cheaper and lighter
than 2 6s.

On the Pertronix, my BN1 has the LU242 and it works fine, but I think I did
have to turn the twist the distributor a little more than expected to get
the timing right.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1