RE: Exhaust question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Exhaust question
From: "GARY MOOMAU" <moomau@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:28:04 -0700
Achim,

The bigger the exhaust with the least amount of resistance is better.  Any
counter-pressure you can remove from the exhaust system will allow the
engine to breath better, especially at higher RPMs.  I basically did the
same thing you did (damaged the system), did a quick repair and drove the
car.  It drove great.  The only problem was the car was so loud that when we
(my wife and two kids) got out of the car after driving for an extended
period of time, we could not hear each talk for about 45 minutes.  On well,
it was great.

Gary Moomau '67 BJ8
Yucaipa, CA