Rear Wheel Cylinder Problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Wheel Cylinder Problem
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:16:41 -0400
I just  installed a new rear wheel cylinder along with new retaining clips and
a rubber boot on my BT7.    It appears that the boot goes on first then the
"bent end clip" and then the straight retaining clip.    Now one of the
resource manuals mentions that the cylinder should slide a bit.   Mine does
slide a little when I pull the wheel cylinder lever but it doesn't return to
its home position easily so the brake drum will continue to rub on the shoes
until I  manually return the cylinder to its original position.   I even
hooked all the springs and rods up to it and it still won't return to a place
where the drum isn't rubbing on the shoes unless I force it back in place.

With the rubber boot under the clips how the heck is the cylinder suppose to
slide smoothly?   That's like trying to slide bare butt across a wood floor.

Thanks Guys,   Mark