Re: Rear Wheel Cylinder Problem

To: Mark and Kathy <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Wheel Cylinder Problem
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 22:26:43 -0700
Hi Mark,

I believe that you have the boot in the wrong place. You are right,
things can't slide with the rubber under the plate nearest the backing
plate. I think this is how it goes together.

Slide the first clip in, tabs up & open end away from the parking brake
lever.

Place the boot & brake lever together into place with the boot outside
of this first plate.

Place the second plate with open end toward the brake lever & on top of
  the rubber boot flanges.

Lock the second plate into the tabs of the first plate.

This places the rubber around the first plate, & somewhat under the
second plate, where there should be room for things to slide. Put some
brake grease on the sliding surfaces.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2