Re: steering box question

To: Edwin Harris <mail@edwinharris.net>
Subject: Re: steering box question
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:24:09 -0700
Hi Ed,

I recently replaced this seal on my BN2. Yes, you can remove the
steering lever with a puller such as the Stahlwille #12616. It is a very
compact but powerful puller. You don't need to move the box or remove
any bolts. Once you remove the arm, the seal can be hooked out & a new
seal tapped in. Make sure that the arm goes back on so that the steering
gear is centered.

I filled the steering box clear to the top with gear lube & not a drip.
Really pleasant for a change.

Dave Russell
BN2