Re: Redline Trans Fluid

To: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Redline Trans Fluid
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 06:27:14 -0700
Well, shame on me.  I shoulda checked my lubricant bottle collection;
Earl is absolutely right.
I use MT-90 in the gearbox-O/D, and Redline 75W-90 gear oil in the
diff.  I also had good
results with 20W-50 motor oil in the gearbox, so I chose MT-90.  I
wasn't really expecting
a difference--I switched to synthetic for the protective qualities--and
was pleasantly surprised
that shifting was smoother and the O/D engaged a little quicker.

Ned, please note this correction.

bs

ps.  Have no clue why my previous posts didn't come through ... I'm
following all the
rules.  Must be something embedded in one of the messages.