Rear Spring Problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Spring Problem
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:53:49 -0400
I really don't think I want to hear the solution to this cause it means a shit
load more work than I had bargained for.

The new rear springs have been installed now for some time. What a   ?#!?!
that was getting everything lined up.

Here's the problem.   The very last short spring plate that wraps around to
form the eyelet  to attach the spring to the shackles is  LOOSE.  I can jiggle
the damn thing back and forth with my fingers along with the clamp that is
suppose to secure it in place.   In my opinion,  movement should not  be an
issue in this area.

The car is back on the ground,  no engine or trany.

These are the new and improved rear springs from Moss that  Roger Moment and
others pushed to get a couple years back.

Please tell me I can adjust or tighten this plate in place.  Any chance that
it would tighten up after  the extra weight is  put back in the car?

If it doesn't tighten up it will most certainly make a clanking noise when
driving if it stays the way it is.

  Removing  the spring from the car just may put me over the Healey edge,  :(

Thanks   , Mark